Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Be Still and Know That He is God



Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.
- William Carey, May 1792

We are not called to do great things, we are called to attempt great things and lean on God completely through it all.
Apart from him we can do nothing, so why stray from His path?

These past few weeks have been difficult in the DR business world.
I have taken on the Dominican part of financials and accounting for Whitefields Dominican. I thought it was a pretty easy tasks and something that even dominicans admit is not their strong spot, so I was hoping to relief with my skills.
Wow was a wrong, I keep telling Grace and Justin the littlest things here people make hard and confusing. It's very true.
How in the world it is possible to close the cash register at the end of the night with a certain amount and open the next morning with a different amount has me completely stumped. I tried for three weeks straight to figure out the mystery but I can't seem to grasp it. I hate when numbers don't match up

Luciano's explanation is the best we have so far.
He says in his broken english
"Da peoples in America praise (pray) for Cafe del Rey. "Oh Jesus be with dos peoples."And in the morning, God gives us more money!" Him and Justin were going to try and put their wallets in the cash register over night because they have no money and hopefully in the morning there would be some, according to his theory.

I thought about adding a column to my spread sheets for "Money God left us over night"

Although they are all comic relief at the end of the day they are not the ones who need to numbers to match up. I am. Pulling my hair out.

But the other side of my job is my numeric relief. Marketing for the coffee shop is lots of fun. We had a party the one night after church there. We are having one of our friends Mali a very talented musician from our church come and play Sep 28th, which is a day to celebrate the bible all over Hato Mayor, we are sending out flyers and inviting one and all.

After our staff meeting, we all realized how needed they are and decided to have them weekly. To go over things, pray, and share needs with each other. Our employees love the coffeeshop and they really do want to see it grow and they want to teach people the gospel, they just explained to us that they need our help to do this.

I am slowly getting use to the climate, the language, and the culture.
And of course Erin is helping us with supplying us hot showers, the tennis channel and Krispy Kreme doughnuts :) our little America is at Erin's house.

I have decided to start a bible study in the Cafe, and a few other people have come in the Cafe asking if they can start bible studies there as well.

God is good and as I keep close to my bible and read my biographies on real missionaries its encouraging to see that our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He has done amazing things and continues to do so. Its in the hard days encouraging verses such as
Psalms 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

At the end of the day He is still reigning on the throne. Thank Him for that!
At the end of the day no matter how frustrated and how ungraceful I was and how sorry I am for being such a wretched sinner, it is comforting to know that He is the faithful one, I am not. And that even the least of these He can use for His glory, of whom I am among. God doesn't use great people as Carey explained, God uses people who attempt, He is the one that has to ultimately and alway  provides.

So I challenge everyone just like William Carey has challenged me, 
Except great things from God, attempt great things for God!

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! and I love Luciano's explanation! Great to hear what God is doing! Keep up the good work Beka!

    ReplyDelete